We rely heavily on generous donations from our community. Without your support, we would not be able to achieve our goal: improving the lives of our neighbors in need. Rest assured, your donations make a tremendous difference in the lives of your Kosciusko neighbors. We keep our overhead as low as possible; in fact, only 8% of our annual income goes to overhead. The other 92% goes directly to families that desperately need our services.

  • Affordable, safe, and healthy housing is an essential part of building a community that thrives. Low-to-moderate income families often struggle with their housing costs: mortgages, insurances, taxes, and utilities are all necessities that leave little wiggle-room in a budget for emergencies and home repairs.
  • Every family needs a safe environment to live in that they can afford. HOW provides rehab programs that ensure that homes are structurally safe, free of water damage, and have access to water, sewage disposal, and heat.
  • Oftentimes, a home is the largest – or ONLY – asset that a family has. HOW provides educational programs that teach families how to manage and make choices within their budget that still let them afford their housing costs.
  • On average, families spend at least 70% of their time in their homes. As a direct result, the health of the home impacts on the health of the family residing there. We provide education and preventative programs designed to ensure that homes are safe from health hazards, such as radon, smoke, mold, lead, and more.
  • The cost of utilities is included in our housing costs. We have no control over the rates we pay, but we do have control over our habits and insulating our homes. HOW provides energy saving classes and provides supplies for insulating your home.
  • Our population is aging. The cost of live in assisted living can deplete one’s life savings quickly, so most seniors want to stay in their home as long as they possibly can. As they age, seniors need resources for Aging in Place retrofits, such as widened doors, raised toilets, supportive handholds, and ramps. We provide grant/loan programs aimed at helping the seniors and disabled within our community remain in their homes where they are surrounded by their families and support systems.
 

We rely on your generous donations!

Click to donate to the cause!